Angry IP Scanner (or simply ipscan) is a powerful open-source network scanner designed to be fast, efficient, and user-friendly. With its ability to scan IP addresses and ports, gather host information, and detect web servers, Angry IP Scanner is a valuable tool for network administrators and curious users alike.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of installing Angry IP Scanner on Kali Linux, a Debian-based operating system.
Introduction to Angry IP Scanner
Angry IP Scanner is a lightweight and cross-platform network scanning tool that offers fast and reliable IP address and port scanning capabilities. It is designed to ping each IP address to check if it’s alive, resolve hostnames, determine MAC addresses, and perform port scans. The tool is highly extensible, allowing users to add plugins to gather additional information about scanned IPs.
Features of Angry IP Scanner
Angry IP Scanner comes with a range of features that make it a valuable tool for network scanning and analysis. Some notable features include:
- Fast and efficient scanning of IP addresses and ports.
- Ability to gather detailed information about each host, including hostname, MAC address, and open ports.
- Support for NetBIOS information retrieval, such as computer name, workgroup name, and currently logged-in Windows user.
- Detection of web servers running on scanned hosts.
- Customizable openers to perform specific actions when a target IP or port is found.
- Support for saving scanning results in various formats, including CSV, TXT, XML, and IP-Port list files.
Downloading Angry IP Scanner for Kali Linux
To install Angry IP Scanner on Kali Linux, you can download the .deb package from the official Angry IP Scanner website. Follow these steps:
- Visit the Angry IP Scanner website at http://angryip.org/w/Download.
- Scroll down to find the available download options.
- Look for the DEB Package for Ubuntu/Debian/Mint, 64-bit or DEB Package for Ubuntu/Debian/Mint, 32-bit depending on your Kali Linux installation.
- Click on the appropriate link to start the download.
Installing Angry IP Scanner on Kali Linux
Once you have downloaded the .deb package, you can proceed with the installation process. Here’s how to install Angry IP Scanner on Kali Linux:
- Open a terminal window on Kali Linux.
- Navigate to the directory where the downloaded .deb package is located.
- Use the following command to install the package:shellCopy code
dpkg -i <package-name>.debReplace
<package-name>with the actual name of the .deb file you downloaded.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Running Angry IP Scanner
After the installation, you can run Angry IP Scanner from the application menu. Follow these steps:
- Open the Application menu on Kali Linux.
- Search for “Angry IP Scanner” or navigate to the relevant category.
- Click on the Angry IP Scanner icon to launch the application.
Once the application starts, you can configure the scanning options according to your needs. Enter the IP address range you want to scan and choose the desired scan settings. Then, click on the “Start” button to begin the scan.
Angry IP Scanner is a valuable tool for network administrators and users who want to scan IP addresses and ports on their networks. By installing Angry IP Scanner on Kali Linux, you gain access to a fast, efficient, and user-friendly network scanning tool.
Use it to identify active hosts, gather host information, and detect web servers. With its extensive features and cross-platform compatibility, Angry IP Scanner is a must-have tool for network analysis.